Wednesday, May 21, 2014

That's a wrap and We Will Rock You (again)

Last weekend was a whirlwind. The show has closed and we've had our cast party. All that work and time and suddenly it's all over.(Well I still have to go to the unit and put the cleaned clothes away) There may have been a few jello shots consumed, speeches made and presents given. I love the little stuffed frog I got from the cast. It has a little t-shirt with customer designer on the front and the show's name on the back along with the year. So cute! I will keep him always, I am going with the name Dior.

I feel really proud because someone likes the outfit I picked out that they bought it for their own personal use! The shoe covers eventually worked, and apparently looked great so they wouldn't let me burn them. Ah well. Something I forgot to mention in my last post is that when I was turning the shoe covers inside out, I had to trim and zigzag stitch all 60 elastic ends so they weren't flopping all over the place. So I have a couple of pics too, I forgot to share this pic of one the actors helping to set the lights in my last post, one of Dior and a cast and crew pic taken after the last show. (I finally got to be in the back row, that's me in the blue!)

 photo temporary_zpsa1b48e7a.jpg  photo temporary_zpsd43e669b.jpg
 photo temporary_zps960f05ee.jpg

Last Saturday was a total blast from the past. I went to see the Queen musical We Will Rock You for the 17th time. (Not a typo 1-7 ). I mostly did the lottery when it was in Toronto from 2007-2009 other wise I couldn't afford to go that many times. (It was unfortunate that they didn't have the lottery this time around). The sad part is I know people have seen the show over 50 times or more. It's not one of my favourite shows, but I think the audience really connected with the cast and band at the stage door; that is what kept them coming back. When I heard that Erica Peck who played the role of Scaramouche was now playing the role of Oz this time around curiosity got the better of me and I couldn't stay away. (have to say though I miss her in her original role) There were four people in the show that I knew from the old days, but there were a few fans from the old days that I recongized. There were lots of hugs around.

The show was changed a bit from 5 years ago, but it still felt like stepping back in time. Some of the jokes and references were given a modern update. Most of the Canadian specific jokes and references were taken out like Sharon Lois and Bram,like getting a suit at Zellers, or Celine Dion perforrming in Vegas, and the fact that a videotape has been recorded over by Degrassi. One character was completely changed, but I didn't hate it, I think it made the show more cohesive, as much as I liked the actor portraying him back in the day. Overall I am glad I went, it brought back a lot of pleasant memories from the stage door. One of my favourite is when Erica took my sister her friend and I back stage after I had mentioned it was my sister's 13th birthday. One of my more embarrassing moments is when my hair blew into the lead guy's mouth when our pic was being taken. We Will Rock You is a whole other post on its own for another time. I will leave you with a couple pics one of my sis, Erica, me, the other lead Yvan, and my sis's bff. (Yvan is in a McDonald's filet o fish commercial these days) and one my embarrassing moment caught on camera.


 photo wewillrockyoubackstage.jpg photo 100_1334.jpg 

No comments:

Post a Comment